The City of Roanoke will hold the free workshop, "Financing Commercial Real Estate Improvements" on Thursday, April 22, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, Room 408.
There are a number of local incentive programs and grants that can assist commercial property owners. Workshop topics will include:
- Enterprise zone/rehabilitation/citywide tax abatement;
- Façade improvement grants;
- Building permit rebates;
- Water/fire/sewer hookup rebates;
- Brownfield grants and loans;
- Real property investment grants;
- Virginia and federal rehabilitation tax credits;
- Security grants;
- Job creation grants;
- And entrepreneurship grants.
Time will be available at the end of the workshop to meet with city representatives and ask questions. \To register, call Lindsay Hurt in the Economic Development Department at 540-853-5405, or Erica Taylor in the Planning, Building and Development Department at 540-853-1522. Space is limited.